Contact Us | Print Page | Sign In | Join Now
News & Press: Licensure


Tuesday, July 9, 2019   (1 Comments)
Posted by: Susan Swart
We have received many questions from APRNs across the state regarding the Licensing process for FPA. We asked for guidance from IDFPR and here is an update!
IDFPR does plan to update the License Form to bring clarity to the process but until then here is what you should do.
NOTARIZED STATEMENT - Only the APRN signature needs to be notarized, not the physician(s) signature.
QUESTION - An APRN has practiced 3500 hours at one hospital then changed jobs. Which facility signs the form? Is documentation required from both? Or a combination thereof? 
RESPONSE - The APRN should cross off the “4000” hours, write in the applicable amount, and then submit multiple forms.
QUESTION - Are there any options if the collaborator is not available for signature, as in a death? 
RESPONSE - This would be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, and would require additional / alternative documentation. The APRN should contact the department for additional guidance.
QUESTION - Can the FPA license and the CSL be submitted at the same time or does the FPA license number need to be included on the CSL application? 
RESPONSE - Please submit both at the same time. This is very important since the 209 license will be made ‘inactive’ immediately when the new APRN-FPA 309 license is issued, This could be an issue for the 210 CS license.
IMPORTANT - If you have a collaborator who refuses to the sign the form verifying the completion of your 4000 hrs of practice then please contact Susan Swart right away. We are tracking this scenario very closely and need documentation of any occurrences.
You can access the application on the IDFPR website under the Nursing Section or here is a direct link to the packet.
We urge every APRN who qualifies for this type of license to apply regardless of the culture or practices of their institution.


Mary B. Wells says...
Posted Sunday, July 14, 2019
I already hold a controlled substance Illinois license and a DEA license based on the Illinois license. Do I need to fill out the new forms in the packet for controlled substance license? Thanks


Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nursing
P.O. Box 636
Manteno, IL 60950